Walkenhorst Family

Walkenhorst Family

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Vulnerability

Emily pointed me to an absolutely fantastic TED talk. If you have about 20 minutes, please take a look and let me know your thoughts. I am so struck by the profundity of what this woman has taught me, I don't really know what to say. Except that she pegged me pretty well. And she has given me a lot to think about.


Embrace vulnerability as the birthplace of joy, belonging, and love?

Believe that I'm inherently worthy of love and belonging?

Believe that what makes me vulnerable is what makes me beautiful?

Stop controlling or predicting my life?

What kind of crazy talk is this? And how can I internalize these ideas and become what she's talking about?

I'm just like her ... before her breakdown. I want to be like the wholehearted people she describes.

No comments:

Post a Comment