Walkenhorst Family

Walkenhorst Family

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Roller Skating

We went roller skating on Labor Day and had such a good time. My kids have only done it a couple of times before, but the three oldest picked it up again after a few minutes. The youngest had never done it before and she was so miserable at first. I was able to help her cheer up a bit, though, and she worked really hard at it.

Her salvation was a training device I'd never seen before. It was a PVC pipe assembly with wheels on the bottom. Check this out.


After that, she was golden. Look at the smile on her face! Within just a few minutes, she was skating so fast, I was a little nervous. That little girl has such drive. She wanted to be able to skate like her older siblings and she was awesome. We gave the trainer back after a while and she got out there by herself and she was fine after that.

I love holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment