Walkenhorst Family

Walkenhorst Family

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Broken Toe

As far as I can remember, I have never had a broken bone ... until yesterday.

Yesterday morning, on my way to breakfast, I slammed my foot into my bedroom door. I was planning on doing some yard work and then playing some games with the kids. I ended up playing a lot of games.

I had the day off for Martin Luther King Day. I was in denial all day yesterday hoping that my toe would begin to feel better. This morning, I had a 2" diameter circle of bruising near the toe and decided I needed some help. The orthopedist confirmed I fractured my small toe and I've got a stylin' shoe with a wooden sole to help keep my foot from flexing. It should take 6 weeks to heal. I was hoping for a more dramatic "first," but I'll be content with a broken little toe.

 http://www.medfinity.com/images/product_large/Alex%20Orthopedic_4442-FL_2566.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment